The Administrative and Development Assistant will assist in the functions of the Development Office, Executive Director, and Board of Directors. This position will provide administrative support to the Executive Director and other departments as needed. In addition, this position will participate in all fundraising activities, including donor relations, public relations, direct mailings, and special events.
- Assist the Executive Director with coordinating all administrative details concerning Board and Committee meetings, such as meeting minutes, agency updates, and other internal communication tools as requested.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements, such as coordinating catering for luncheons, for committee, board, and other meetings.
- Assist with Accounts Payable filing, such as coding and data entry. Assist with month-end closing.
- Answer phone calls and website inquiries in order to direct to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Perform general office duties and other duties as assigned.
- Provide day-of onsite coordination for events including accommodation, transportation, catering, signage, special needs requirements, and audio-visual equipment.
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Maintain records of event aspects such as financial details, guest lists, and registration materials.
- Respond to event inquiries and assist in communications with event participants, supporters, and vendors. Also, update and maintain event websites.
- Assist in the recruitment, coordination, and training of event volunteers and support staff.
Development and Fundraising Support
- Draft and prepare donor acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Update and maintain donor information in databases.
- Assist with fundraising campaigns and coordinate productions and mailing of Spring, Year-end, special events, in addition to other bulk mailings.
- Prepare media materials for distribution (such as copying, filing, mailing) and assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Business, Marketing, or similar area.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in administrative/clerical duties
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and software, such as Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in financial skills including bookkeeping and accounting
Salary and Benefits
Upper 30s to Mid 40s DOQ – Full Benefits Package
How to Apply
To view the full job description, please visit www.vailplace.hiringthing.com to apply.
Vail Place, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.