The Development and Events Assistant will assist in the functions of the Development Team, participating in all fundraising activities, including donor relations, public relations, direct mailings, and special events.
Event and Volunteer Support
- Support agency and fundraising events in planning, execution, as well as evaluation.
- Provide day-of onsite coordination for events including accommodation, transportation, catering, signage, special needs requirements, as well as audio-visual equipment.
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, as well as resolution of any problems that arise.
- Maintain records of event aspects including financial details, guest lists, as well as registration materials.
- Respond to event inquiries and assist in communications with event participants, supporters, and vendors. Also, update and maintain event websites.
- Coordinate Speaker’s Bureau, including training and preparing presentation materials.
- Represent Vail Place at a variety of community events by verbally presenting facts about programs and services.
- Coordinate all speaking engagements and tours for the agency, including assisting with the Day in the Life Tours.
Development and Administrative Support
- Along with the development team, develop and execute Vail Place’s annual fundraising plan.
- Manage the ongoing implementation and upkeep of Raiser’s Edge and all Blackbaud sites as well as train staff responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Assist the Executive Director and others with providing support and duties as assigned including the agency update.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Business, Marketing, or similar area.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in administrative/clerical duties.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and software, including Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in financial skills including bookkeeping and accounting.
Salary and Benefits
Upper 30s to Lower 40s DOQ – Full Benefits Package
How to Apply
To view the full job description, please visit www.vailplace.hiringthing.com to apply.
Vail Place, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.