This Agency Nurse position is primarily responsible for the provision of nursing services to persons served by Vail Place’s Case Management Program. The RN works in collaboration with co-workers and external resources to assist individuals in strengthening their abilities to manage chronic mental and medical health condition(s).
- Work cooperatively with case managers to ensure the mental and physical health needs of persons served are addressed.
- Work as a team with other agency nurses providing nursing support and coverage to people served by the Case Management program.
- Conduct mental and physical health assessments and consult with team on clinical matters.
- Make and implement recommendations for persons receiving health care; make referrals for medical services according to individual needs; assure that medical services are in place; assist persons served with follow-up on referrals and services.
- Provide crisis assistance and intervention, including use of community crisis services as needed.
- Medication management: Set up and monitor oral medications, provide medication education, administer injection medications, report medication response and side effects to physician and document; provide medication education to family members or significant others as needed.
- Monitor for change in status related to health conditions and provide further interventions if indicated, including reporting to the community health care provider and/or assisting individual in accessing emergency medical or crisis care services if needed.
- Provide individualized health coaching and instruction/education to members regarding medications, health conditions and concerns, and health promotion strategies.
- Ensure continuity of care for persons being discharged from a hospital or transferred between care settings, including reconciliation of medication orders and communication with primary care providers as needed.
- Demonstrate current nursing theory and skills and work within the prescribed scope of practice as already determined for the RN within the Nurse Practice Act.
- Complete timely nursing documentation as required by performance standards.
- Maintain and develop positive and professional ongoing relationships with medical providers, Hennepin County staff, landlords, family members, employers, community agencies and other service providers.
- Complete case notes on all pertinent services provided to individuals receiving services within timelines.
- Attend Clinical Team Case Management and one-on-one Supervision meetings as required.
- Return calls to individuals receiving services, providers, and others within 24 hours.
- Serve as a back-up support staff to case managers when needed to ensure coverage needs are met.
- Plan and facilitate structured groups on health related topics as time permits.
- Provide nursing assistance to members on a short term basis and make referrals as needed for ongoing nursing needs.
- Provide nursing consultation, assessment, and first aid as needed to Community Support/Clubhouse staff.
Education and Experience
Must possess a valid Minnesota RN License.
One to two years’ experience with adults with mental illness or community nursing service.
Thorough understanding of medications used in treatment of mental illness.
Knowledge/experience in performing health assessments.
Ability to provide health care education to case management individuals and staff.
Must have and maintain a valid Minnesota Driver’s License, maintain automobile coverage and have access to an automobile.
Salary and Benefits
Upper 60s to Lower 80s DOQ – Full Benefits Package
How to Apply
To view the full job description, please visit www.vailplace.hiringthing.com to apply.
Vail Place, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.