What are the requirements for membership to Vail Place?
To be eligible for membership at Vail Place one must have a serious and persistent mental illness as defined by Minnesota statutes. Membership is voluntary, based on each person’s desire to actively participate in program services. Membership does not have time limits, however, state laws in Minnesota require that eligibility based on serious and persistent mental illness be reviewed every 36 months (3 years).
Are there any costs to be a member?
Program services are free of charge with the exception of nominal costs for lunch, dinner, snack bar purchases and some recreational activities.
How do I become a member?
Applicants for membership must complete a clubhouse orientation and have a consistent attendance in order to receive active member status. For intake information, contact:
Minneapolis: Chad Bolstrom – 612-945-4263; firstname.lastname@example.org
Hopkins: Seana Fern – 952-945-4221; email@example.com
Is there anything else I should know about membership?
There are expectations and responsibilities that accompany membership. They are:
- Everyone will respect the rights of others verbally and physically.
- Sexual harassment and harassment of any type is not acceptable.
- Anyone who displays behavior that is threatening, destructive, or abusive will be required to leave the premises.
- No swearing, vulgar, or abusive language is allowed.
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are not permitted in the clubhouse or on its property.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the clubhouse.
- To borrow or lend money or cigarettes is strongly discouraged.
- Good personal grooming and hygiene should be practiced regularly.
- Clothing should be neat, clean, and appropriate for a work setting.
- Shirts and shoes must always be worn.
- Together, members and staff are responsible for keeping the clubhouse clean and neat.
- Private, personal information is to be kept confidential. If you see or hear something regarding another member, please keep the information to yourself.
For more information, check out the Vail Place Infographic.