11 Dec Administrative and Accounting Specialist
Who Are We?
“Every day I see the impact of my work on our programs and with our members. I’ve never seen that before coming to Vail Place.” – Finance Staff
“At Vail Place, there’s no us-and-them; administration works side-by-side with members of our programs. This is absolutely my favorite part of working at Vail Place.” – Administrative Staff
For over 37 years Vail Place has cultivated hope and inspired change to promote mental health recovery. Our unique person-centered, recovery-oriented approach to services is based on the internationally acclaimed Clubhouse Model. As a team member, you will be joining a community where staff and members work side-by-side to foster purpose through shared work, direction through employment, housing, and social recreation, and hope through reconnecting people with their communities. Vail Place is currently going through an exciting time of growth and new opportunities. We are looking for people to join the club and work together in a professional—but informal—environment where they are supported, appreciated, and well compensated.
What is an Administrative and Accounting Specialist?
The Administrative and Accounting Specialist performs day to day administrative and accounting operations; banking and cash management; preparation of complex accounting entries; filing of required financial and tax-exempt documents for the agency; and participating in financial and/or tax audits. This position handles all facets of behavioral health billing in various formats, including grant-based invoicing and health insurance claim submission. In addition, this position will see to day-to-day administrative support as well as assisting with agency events, speaking events, and supporting the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years of administrative and accounting/billing experience. Experience with medical billing preferred.
• Working knowledge of office management procedures.
• Proficient in computers and other office equipment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn other line-of-business applications.
• Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Able to coordinate, plan and maintain records systems.
• Must have and maintain a valid Minnesota Driver’s License, maintain personal automobile insurance coverage and have access to an automobile.
Salary Range: 39000.00 To 45000.00 (USD) Annually
How to Apply
To see the full job description and apply, please visit out Hiring Portal today!
Vail Place, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.