01 Apr Case Manager
Case Management is hiring!
Vail Place’s Case Management program is continuing to grow in response to increased need for services. We are currently hiring for two Case Managers join our teams!
What does a Case Manager do?
Our growing program assists individuals with a severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI) to get the supports needed to accomplish goals and find recovery from mental illness. Case Managers are responsible for providing assistance to people with SPMI who are in need of support and services to maintain safety and stability in the community. Individuals may be facing hospitalization or mental health commitment; this vital program area addresses their many needs to ensure continuity of care, referrals to needed resources, coordination and monitoring of services, discharge planning, housing support, and intensive goal planning.
The ideal candidate is one who:
- Demonstrates empathy and sensitivity to peoples’ stories, past experiences, and trauma;
- Commits to professional and ethical excellence; and
- Embodies cultural competence and emotional intelligence.
If you are passionate about supporting individuals with mental illness in a challenging and fast paced field, we want to meet you!
Minimum Education and Experience
- BA or BS in human services or related area, OR BSW with valid and current Social Work licensure OR equivalent combination of education and experience as defined by Minnesota Statute 245.462 subd. 4.
- One to two years’ experience in mental health or human services preferred.
- Must have and maintain a valid Minnesota Driver’s License, maintain automobile coverage and have access to an automobile.
- Must be willing and able to perform essential job functions through in-person, face to face contact as required, in accordance with health and safety guidelines.