14 Aug Clubhouse Community Support Generalist
The role of the Community Support Generalist within the Clubhouse is to engage with members as colleagues in important work and to be encouraging and engaging with people who might not yet believe in themselves. Staff engage members through encouragement, appreciation for their help, and a focus on abilities, while allowing for and accepting limitations. Staff use the Clubhouse environment to develop relationships whereby members experience themselves as valued participants in the Clubhouse community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive.
- Demonstrate an understanding and enthusiasm for the Clubhouse model of recovery, practicing Clubhouse philosophy per Clubhouse International Standards.
- Participate in duties integral to the operation of the Clubhouse including, but not limited to: cleaning, preparing meals, benefits assistance, tours, and orientation of new members.
- Engage and encourage members in the Clubhouse program to be involved in the work of the Clubhouse so that they experience themselves as valued participants in the Clubhouse community.
- Develop genuine relationships with members where there is mutual respect and sharing.
- Manage and participate with members in Clubhouse programs providing opportunities for social and recreational activities. Responsible for member and community safety while on outings.
- Actively promote the development of members’ aspirations regarding Clubhouse participation, employment, education, housing, and social involvements.
- Complete recovery goals bi-annually, document progress, and maintain/update assigned member files.
- Provide follow-up and outreach to members who are not attending programs.
- Manage mental health crisis and other emergencies as they arise, seeking supervision as needed.
- Provide ongoing intervention, crisis assistance and coordination with members’ other providers.
- Respond to needs and problems of members with practical guidance and advice geared toward realizing aspirations, cooperation with others, and circumventing the effects of mental illness and social maladjustment.
- Engage cooperatively with other staff and members in developing Clubhouse policies and in advancing the purposes and welfare of the Clubhouse as a whole.
- Provide coverage for staff of both Clubhouses as needed.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of transitional employment opportunities.
- Provide training of members into positions that enable them to perform their job duties successfully.
- Provide necessary support, problem solving, and develop a positive relationship with members and employers to maintain the job site(s). This requires regular meetings with employers and members.
- Fill in for members at job site(s) as needed, to maintain TE jobs.
- Maintain all documentation related to TE jobs and assist members participating in TE with benefit, housing coordination and paperwork, contacting other service providers as needed.
The ideal candidate is one who:
- Demonstrates empathy and sensitivity to peoples’ stories, past experiences, and trauma,
- Commits to professional and ethical excellence, and
- Embodies cultural competence and emotional intelligence.
Education and Experience
- BA or BS in human services or related area, or BSW with valid and current Social Work licensure.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in mental health or human services.
- Must have and maintain a valid Minnesota Driver’s License, maintain automobile coverage and have access to an automobile.
How to Apply
To see the full job description and apply, please visit out Hiring Portal today!
Vail Place is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and offers competitive salaries and a full benefits package, including health, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance, a matched 401k program, as well as generous holiday and paid time off. Beginning April 1st 2019, Vail Place grounds will be tobacco free to promote health and wellness for the individuals we serve and for our employees.