30 Jul Mental Health Navigator – Part Time
What is a Mental Health Navigator – Part Time?
The Mental Health Navigator works within the Mental Health Connect ministry (MHC) of Bethlehem Lutheran Church Twin Cities (BLC), is responsible for assisting individuals and families in obtaining mental health treatment, resources, support and education. This position is responsible for phone coverage 2 days a week in order to triage, provide services, or route to the Peer Support Specialist. The Navigator will also provide events coverage in collaboration with the MHC team.
- Assess individual and family resource needs and barriers to mental health care. This process may start informally and result in an intake interview, which collects more detailed demographic and situational information.
- Assist the client(s) to develop and implement a plan to achieve the desired outcomes, such as health insurance, therapy/counseling, or specialized assistance programs.
- Conduct follow-up calls or visits to the client to see how the plan is progressing and determine if adjustments are needed.
- Document services provided utilizing Vail Place’s Electronic Health Records database.
- Identify and maintain referral relationships with mental health professionals and community resources.
- Provide one-time service to walk-in clients or referrals for MHC intake.
- Communicate with site staff as needed, including coordinating shared schedule with CPS.
- Participate in MHC Collaborative education and outreach, including publicizing program services at collaborative and community sites.
- Participate in staff and congregation mental health education at collaborative sites.
The ideal candidate is one who:
- Demonstrates empathy and sensitivity to peoples’ stories, past experiences, and trauma,
- Commits to professional and ethical excellence, and
- Embodies cultural competence and emotional intelligence.
- BA, BS in human services or BSW. Licensure is not required.
- Experience in mental health or human services. Preferred experience in social work and care coordination.
- Must have and maintain a valid Minnesota Driver’s License, maintain automobile coverage, and have access to an automobile.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to utilize web-based records databases.
Hourly Rate – $17.00 to $20.00 per hour
Vail Place, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.