14 May Systems Navigator – Housing Focus
What is a Systems Navigator?
The Systems Navigator will coordinate, monitor, and deliver services to meet the behavioral health and physical needs of the individual, and provide support services to staff on the Vail Care Behavioral Health Home (BHH) team. They will also provide housing support to individuals served by the BHH.
- Coordinate care for individuals to ensure that individuals and their identified supports can successfully navigate their health care needs and goals.
- Establish trusting relationships with individuals and engage individuals and identified formal and informal supports in shared decision making and plan development.
- Act as individual advocate and liaison between with team members and other providers recommendations for adjustments to treatment, diagnostic results, and referrals for services.
- Coach individuals and their identified supports in health literacy through wellness and prevention education, coaching, chronic disease management and navigating complex systems of care.
- Assist to develop and implement a plan to achieve the desired outcomes, such as housing supports, housing search, and/or specialized assistance programs.
- Assess needs, barriers, and strengths of individuals to determine housing and service needs.
- Provide mediation and advocacy with landlords on the person’s behalf to develop a workable plan to obtain and/or maintain housing.
The ideal candidate is one who:
- Demonstrates empathy and sensitivity to peoples’ stories, past experiences, and trauma,
- Commits to professional and ethical excellence, and
- Embodies cultural competence and emotional intelligence.
- Mental Health Practitioner or Case Management Service Provider as defined by the State of Minnesota.
- 1-3 years’ experience in housing. Mental health experience is a plus.
- Must have and maintain a valid Minnesota Driver’s License, maintain automobile coverage and have access to an automobile.
Salary – Lower 40s to Upper 40s DOQ. Full Benefits package.
Vail Place, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.